It's where you and your family spend the majority of your time. It’s the room your guests see the most of when they come to your home. It should be a place that is comfortable and functional. However, don't overlook the importance of your living room decor.
Here are 5 low-cost living room decorating ideas.
1. Mismatched Frames. You have a lot of them around your home. They don’t need to match. Give your living room an eclectic look by hanging mismatched frames on a wall. See some ideas at houzz.com.
2. Add some color. Give emphasis to a neutral room by adding a few bold items of color.
3. Position mirrors just right. Make a room appear brighter and larger by positioning a mirror to reflect light and a view of outside.
4. Build a wall of shelves. See this tip in Countryliving.com. Custom-built egg-crate shelving covering an entire wall provides ample room to mix storage and display items. A combination of magazine organizers, baskets, and boxes provides storage and creates a pleasing, layered mix of objects.
5. Add one oversized piece of art on a wall. It creates a strong focal point that opens up the room. Multiple pieces around the room can make it feel cluttered or smaller.